Thursday 6 July 1961
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Benita Fitzgerald-Brown and Kimberly Foster.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Quarter To Three by Gary U.S. Bonds.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, directed by Irwin Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kraft Mystery Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1961!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1961 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Benita Fitzgerald-Brown: Virginia, United States -- 100m hurdler (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kimberly Foster: Actress (It Takes Two).
- Rick Price: Australian singer-songwriter.
- Robin Antin: American reality television personality and model.
- Vandana Chavan: Indian politician and lawyer.
- Portuguese ship explode near Mozambique, kills 300
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Little Caesar and the Romans - Those Oldies But Goodies (Remind Me Of You)
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?