Saturday 6 July 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edwin Gorter and Todd Burns.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Easier Said Than Done by The Essex.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Magic, directed by James Neilson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die fünfte Kolonne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1963 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Edwin Gorter: Soccer player (Lommel / FC Utrecht).
- Todd Burns: American baseball player.
- Lance Johnson: American baseball player.
- Sorin Matei: Romanian high jumper.
- Georg : German royalty, the second son of King John of Saxony (1801–1873) and his wife Princess Amelia of Bavaria (1801–1877), daughter of King Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria (1756–1825).
- 70th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: M Smith beats Billie J King (63 64)
- 77th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: C McKinley beats Fred Stolle (97 61 64)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 July 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?