Wednesday 6 July 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Paperback Writer by The Beatles.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
How to Steal a Million, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Shadows.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1966 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 July
- Malawi becomes a republic, with Hastings Banda as its first President.
- Malawi becomes a republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Syndicate Of Sound - Little Girl
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Association - Along Comes Mary
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?