Friday 6 July 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lauren Harris and Zhang Hao.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
Cloak & Dagger, directed by Richard Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meus Filhos, Minha Vida.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Donald Duck's Playground or Kung-Fu Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1984!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1984 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
Famous Birthdays:06 July
- Warner Communications sells off the home video game and computer systems business of Atari to Jack Tramiel for US$240 million in long-term loans. Warner has the option to purchase up to 32 percent interest in the new company for US$2 per share.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 July 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- ZZ Top - Legs
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?