Saturday 6 July 1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Killing Me Softly by Fugees was in the top 5 hits.
Criss Cross, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Runaway Jury by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1996!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1996 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 July
- 103rd Wimbledon Womens Tennis: S Graf beats Aranxta S Vicaro (63, 75)
- Yankee John Weteland sets record of 20th cons saves en route to 24
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Adam Clayton & Larry Mullen - Theme From Mission Impossible
- Monica - Why I Love You So Much
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?