Sunday 6 July 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Hancock, directed by Peter Berg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 6 July 2008 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 July
- Bobby Durham: American jazz drummer (Born 1937).
- Gunmen kill a United Nations official in Mogadishu as he leaves a mosque and injure two others. (AP via CNN)
- NBC agrees to buy the Weather Channel. (Bloomberg)
- World leaders arrive in Japan for the G8 summit to be held in Tōyako, Hokkaidō. (Reuters)
- An explosion near the Red Mosque in the Pakistani capital Islamabad kills at least 10 people. The attack came on the first anniversary of the deadly siege and storming of the Red Mosque. (France 24)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?