Tuesday 6 July 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Inception, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 6 July 2010 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 July
- Australia celebrates indigenous culture for NAIDOC Week with the 2010 theme 'Unsung Heroes - Closing the Gap by Leading Their Way'. (NAIDOC)
- Somali Civil War
- East African leaders call for 20,000 troops to be deployed across Somalia to support the United Nations-backed Transitional Federal Government and for the United Nations to replace the African Union Mission to Somalia. (BBC News)
- 16 people are killed in clashes between rival factions in the capital Mogadishu. (AFP)
- Ameer Ullah Mehsud, a Taliban commander and one of the founders of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, is killed by the Pakistani army. (CNN)
- Thailand extends a state of emergency in several provinces and in the capital Bangkok, and lifts the decree in a further five provinces. (Xinhua)
- Three people are killed in Srinagar, Kashmir after police shoot at people protesting at the fatal shooting of people by police. (Aljazeera)
- Middle East and Africa
- The Israeli military announces it will charge an army sniper with the killing of two Palestinian women during the Gaza offensive. (CNN)
- An Egyptian bus driver shoots and kills six labourers and injures 12 who were travelling on a bus in Cairo. (News24.com)
- 12 members of the Kurdistan Workers' Party and 3 Turkish soldiers are killed in clashes in southeast Turkey. (''Today's Zaman'')
- 3 people are killed in shooting at a McDonald's restaurant in Finland. (CNN)
- Bradley Manning is finally charged with leaking the Collateral Murder video to Wikileaks, along with other documents, after spending more than a month detained in Kuwait without charge. (AP)
- The Ghana national football team are to receive national awards after their success at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, while former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan writes of his heartbreak. (IOL)
- The Federal government of the United States files a lawsuit against the U.S. state of Arizona in its bid to overturn its controversial immigration law. (CNN)
- President of France Nicolas Sarkozy denies allegations of alleged illegal payments from France's richest woman, L'Oréal heiress Liliane Bettencourt. (CNN)
- Republican Governor of the U.S. state of Hawaii Linda Lingle vetoes a bill allowing same-sex civil unions. (AP via Oroville MR)
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu arrives in Washington, D.C. for talks with President of the United States Barack Obama. (Ynet)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?