Saturday 6 June 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include H Adams Carter and Elmer Staats.
The Good-for-Nothing, directed by George Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1914!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1914 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- H Adams Carter: American mountaineer (d. 1995).
- Elmer Staats: American economist and government staffer, he served four administrations in the role of Comptroller General from 1966 until his retirement in 1981.
- Walter T Watts-Dunton: England, lawyer / Poet / writer (Aylwin).
- 1st air flight out of sight of land (Scotland to Norway)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Crying Just for You - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- While They Were Dancing Around - Peerless Quartet
- Camp Meeting Band - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?