Tuesday 6 June 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nganani Enos J Mabuza and Gary US Bonds.
Young Mr. Lincoln, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1939 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Nganani Enos J Mabuza: South African leader (Inyandza National Movement).
- Gary US Bonds: American musician.
- Marian Wright-Edelman: health care president (Childrens Defense Fund).
- Lawrence Stephen: Nauruan politician (d. 2006).
- Antoine Zacharias: French business executive, an engineer by training, who was France's highest paid executive for several years.
- Louis Andriessen: Dutch composer (Reconstruction)
- Gary Bonds: American singer-songwriter
- Eddie Giacomin: Canadian-American ice hockey player coach and sportscaster
- Ford Madox Ford: Writer, dies at 65.
- New York Giants beat Reds 17-3, with 5 HRs in 4th inning
- New York Supreme Court Justice J F Crater legally declared dead
- Judge Joseph Force Crater is declared legally dead.
- German dictator Adolf Hitler gives a public address to returning German volunteers who fought as Legion Kondor during the Spanish Civil War.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?