Thursday 6 June 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Ghost Breakers, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1940 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Kumar Bhattacharyya: Baron Bhattacharyya Indian-English engineer and academic.
- Aarne Hermlin: Estonian chess player (d. 2007).
- Larry Lujack: American disc jockey.
- JP Sullivan: American AIDS patient, a top interior designer in Sacramento, CA.
- Laudir De Olivera: Rocker (Chicago).
- Phillip Rhodes: Composer
- Willie-John McBride: British rugby player
- Willie McBride: Irish rugby union player with over 13 years as an international player, 11 of which he served as captain. He retired in 1975 with a stellar record and subsequently managed a rugby team. In 2004 he was named Heineken Rugby Personality of the Century by Rugby World magazine
- E E Clive: Actor (Bulldog Drummond, Night Muss Fall), dies at 56.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?