Friday 6 June 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marion Coakes and Terry Williams.
Great Expectations, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Wife Saver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1947 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Marion Coakes: England, United Kingdom -- Equestrian show jumper (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Terry Williams: Rocker (First Edition).
- David Blunkett: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Robert Englund: American actor, a character player onscreen in small roles from the mid-'70s.
- Joel Fisher: American artis and sculptor.
- Keith Williams: American homicide, convicted of the murder of three people in 1979 and spending more than 17 years on death row in prison.
- Ada Kok: Dutch swimmer
- Treaty drawn for establishment of International Patent Institute
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 June 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Red Silk Stockings and Green Perfume - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?