Friday 6 June 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1947 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Keith Williams: American homicide, convicted of the murder of three people in 1979 and spending more than 17 years on death row in prison.
- Ada Kok: Dutch swimmer.
- Marion Coakes: England, United Kingdom -- Equestrian show jumper (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Terry Williams: Rocker (First Edition).
- Joel Fisher: American artis and sculptor.
- David Blunkett: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987. In Tony Blair's cabinet, he is Secretary of State for the Home Department in 2004. Although he has been blind from birth, he graduated from Sheffield University with honors and subsequently worked as an industrial tutor at Barnsley College of Technology and taught courses in industrial relations and politics.
- Robert Englund: American actor, a character player onscreen in small roles from the mid-'70s. He became a star and a pop cult figure of the horror genre with his role as Freddy Krueger in "Nightmare on Elm Street," 1984 and it's many sequels. Married, no kids, he is energetic, quick and nervous, biting his fingernails and pacing. In 1988, he made a debut as a director.
- Treaty drawn for establishment of International Patent Institute
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Red Silk Stockings and Green Perfume - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?