Monday 6 June 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1949 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Holly Near: American bisexual entertainer, lesbian peace and human-rights activist.
- Noli de Castro: Filipino journalist and politician 14th Vice President of the Philippines.
- Ioannis Matzourakis: Greek association football manager and former player.
- Edgar Warren Williams: Composer.
- Victor Garcia Belaunde: Peruvian politician.
- Robert Englund in Glendale: California, USA; actor (Freddy Kreuger - A Nightmare on Elm Street, V).
- It Pays To Be Ignorant, game Show, debut on CBS-TV
- WKY (now KTVY) TV channel 4 in Oklahoma City, OK (NBC) 1st broadcast
- With the passage of the Bodh Gaya Temple Act by the Indian government, Mahabodhi Temple is restored to partial Buddhist control.
- Red Scare: Celebrities including Helen Keller, Dorothy Parker, Danny Kaye, Fredric March, John Garfield, Paul Muni and Edward G. Robinson are named in an FBI report as Communist Party members.
- George Orwell's book ''Nineteen Eighty-Four'' is published.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Hucklebuck - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra - Again
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?