Monday 6 June 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Year Itch, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1955 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Dana Carvey in Missoula: Montana, USA; comedian (Church Lady - Saturday Night Live).
- Sandra Bernhard: American comedienne, tall, skinny, aggressive, ultra-hip, manic, bearing a mouth and nosed that have been compared respectively to Jagger and Streisand.
- Sam Simon: TV Producer.
- Max Meldrum: Australian painter known as the founder of Australian Tonalism, a representational style of painting, as well as his portrait work, for which he won the Archibald Prize in 1939 and 1940.
- Bill Haley and The Comets' song "Rock Around the Clock" hits #1.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- Gisele MacKenzie - Hard To Get
- The McGuire Sisters - Something's Gotta Give
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?