Wednesday 6 June 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jay C Buckey and Marilyn Jones in Pittsburgh.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Locomotive Chase, directed by Francis Lyon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rosemary Clooney Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1956 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Jay C Buckey: NYC, New York -- Physician / Astronaut (STS 58 alt, sk: 90).
- Marilyn Jones in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Carey - King's Crossing).
- Björn Borg: Swedish world champion tennis player nicknamed "the Iceman" for a blazing style and a deadly forehand, despite the fact that he uses a two-handed backhand.
- Bjorn Borg: Swedish tennis player.
- Dave Cusack: English footballer and manager.
- Hans-Peter Ferner: German runner and sportscaster
- Bubbi Morthens: Icelandic singer-songwriter and guitarist (Utangarðsmenn and Egó)
- Margaret Wycherly: Actress (Claudia), dies at 74.
- In Singapore, chief minister David Marshall resigns after the breakdown of talks about internal self-government in London.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?