Saturday 6 June 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Horse Soldiers, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1959 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Georgios Voulgarakis: Greek politician.
- Jimmy Jam: American keyboard player songwriter and producer (The Time).
- Amanda Pays: London, England -- Actress (Max Headroom, Off Limits).
- Andrey Prokofyev: Russian sprinter and hurdler (d. 1989).
- David Schultz: wrestler (Olympics-Gold-1984), killed by US millionaire John Du Pont.
- Colin Quinn: American actor and comedian, an MTV co-host on "Remote Control."
- Josie Lawrence: British actress and alternative comedienne, noted for her work in the improv TV show, "Whose Line is it Anyway?," which began in 1988. Her career began as a standup comic at London's Comedy Story before she became nationally appreciated. Quick witted and versatile, she appeared on sitcom's "Not With a Bang," March to May 1990 and "Outside Edge," March 1994 to 1996.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?