Saturday 6 June 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georgios Voulgarakis and Josie Lawrence.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Horse Soldiers, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1959 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Georgios Voulgarakis: Greek politician.
- Josie Lawrence: British actress and alternative comedienne, noted for her work in the improv TV show, "Whose Line is it Anyway?," which began in 1988.
- Colin Quinn: American actor and comedian, an MTV co-host on "Remote Control.
- Jimmy Jam: American keyboard player songwriter and producer (The Time).
- Amanda Pays: London, England -- Actress (Max Headroom, Off Limits).
- Andrey Prokofyev: Russian sprinter and hurdler (d. 1989)
- David Schultz: wrestler (Olympics-Gold-1984), killed by US millionaire John Du Pont.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?