Tuesday 6 June 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Deep Throat, directed by Jerry Gerard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1972 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Erin Woodley: Mississauga, Ontario -- Synchro swimmer (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Frankie King: NBA guard (LA Lakers).
- Gary Downs: Running back (Atlanta Falcons).
- Jeff Williams: Australian baseball pitcher (1996 Olympics).
- Marko Kiprusoff: Turku, Finland -- NHL defenseman (Team Finland, Montreal).
- David Bowie releases Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust
- US bombs Haiphong, North-Vietnam; 1000s killed
- Gold hits record US$60 an ounce in London, England.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Dr. Hook - Sylvia's Mother
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?