Saturday 6 June 1981
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philip McGinley and Johnny Pacar.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
In UK Stand And Deliver by Adam & The Ants was in the top 5 hits.
History of the World: Part I, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Can Jump Puddles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Skeet Shoot or Snafu.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1981!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1981 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
Famous Birthdays:06 June
- Carleton S Coon: American anthropologist (Born 1904).
- 113th Belmont: George Martens aboard Summing wins in 2:29
- 51st French Womens Tennis: Hana Mandlikova beats Sylvia Hanika (62 64)
- Maya Yang Lin wins competition to design the Vietnam War Memorial
- Bihar train disaster A passenger train travelling between Mansi and Saharsa, India, jumps the tracks at a bridge crossing the Bagmati river. The government places the official death toll at 268 plus another 300 missing; however, it is generally believed that the actual figure is closer to 1,000 killed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 June 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Ray Parker Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Neil Diamond - America
- Franke & The Knockouts - Sweetheart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?