Sunday 6 June 1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant was in the top 5 hits.
Grease 2, directed by Patricia Birch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Man From St. Petersburg by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1982!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1982 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- 36th Tony Awards: Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby and Nine win
- 52nd French Mens Tennis: Mats Wilander beats G Vilas (16 76 60 64)
- Bernard Glassman, installed as abbot of Zen Center of New York
- 30,000 Israeli troops invade Lebanon to drive out Palestinian Liberation Organization.
- 1982 Lebanon War begins: Forces under Israeli Defense Minister Ariel Sharon invade southern Lebanon in their ''Operation Peace for the Galilee'', eventually reaching as far north as the capital Beirut.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Toto - Rosanna
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Asia - Heat Of The Moment
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?