Tuesday 6 June 1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ross MacDonald and Dina Torkia.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler.
In UK Sealed With A Kiss by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, directed by William Shatner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while While My Pretty One Sleeps by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Doctor Doctor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fighter Bomber or Ghost Lion.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1989 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Ross MacDonald: Bassist.
- Dina Torkia: YouTube Star.
- Monice : Bosnian-Austrian singer.
- Paula Brancati: Canadian actress and producer.
- Paweł Wojciechowski: Polish pole vaulter.
- Mets turn their 1st triple play in 7 years but lose to Cubs 8-4
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
- Synch - Where Are You Now?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?