Tuesday 6 June 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ridin' by Chamillionaire.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, directed by Justin Lin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 6 June 2006 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 June
- 2006 Toronto terrorism case: Toronto police uncover an alleged subplot where Steven Vikash Chand, alias Abdul Shakur, intended to lead an invasion of the Parliament of Canada building and assassinate Prime Minister Stephen Harper. (CBC)
- Iraqi insurgency
- Iraqi Health Ministry figures show 6,025 civilian bodies were delivered to Baghdad's central mortuary in the first five months of this year. (BBC)
- The Iraqi administration has asked the United Nations to join the investigations into alleged massacres by American soldiers. (zaman)
- Chad-Sudan conflict
- The Sudanese Janjaweed steal 350 head of cattle from Goz Beida, Chad. (Voice of America)
- Australia's Howard government commissions Ziggy Switkowski to lead a commission on the introduction of nuclear energy in Australia. (Bloomberg)
- The opening date of the Doomsday-related film, The Omen, done so to collaborate to the date's religious significance (June 6th, 2006 -- 06/06/06, or 666 which is known as the number of the beast in Christianity). It is a remake of another film by the same name from 1976.
- BAA plc, the owners of London's Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted Airports, accept a £10 billion takeover bid from a consortium led by Spain's' Grupo Ferrovial and including the Quebec public employees' pension fund. (BBC)
- The trial of Tim Selwyn for sedition begins in Auckland, New Zealand. Selwyn is the first New Zealander in over 80 years to be charged with sedition. (Newswire)
- Iceland's Prime Minister Halldór Ásgrímsson resigns after poor showings in local elections. Foreign Minister Geir Haarde takes over. (BBC)
- The house of Jason Grimsley, was searched as part of the ongoing BALCO steroids probe. Grimsley, a relief pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks, asked for and received an unconditional release from the team the next day. (USA Today)
- The 40th Anniversary High Mass of the Church of Satan occurred in Los Angeles, where Satanists gathered from nine different countries to celebrate the day. (LA CityBeat)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?