Saturday 6 June 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Hangover, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bionic Heart or Brave: A Warrior's Tale.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 6 June 2009 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 June
- The European Union's parliamentary election continues in Cyprus, Italy, Latvia, Malta, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, and France's overseas departments and territories. (Europarl)
- The ruling party Fianna Fáil endures significant losses in Ireland's local elections and parliamentary by-elections in Dublin Central and Dublin South. ''(The Times)''
- The Conservative Party gains seven county councils, the Liberal Democrats lose one, and the Labour Party loses four during the United Kingdom's local elections. (BBC)
- Twenty-six people are killed during and 100 others remain missing after a landslide near Chongqing, China. (BBC)
- Seventy-six people die at Harmony Gold's mine in Free State, South Africa. (BBC)
- A fire at a day-care center kills at least 40 people in Hermosillo, Mexico. (RTÉ)
- Fifty-two people die during combat between Peru's Army and indigenous peoples in the Amazon Rainforest. (Reuters)
- At least 36 people die during combat between the Transitional Federal Government and Islamist militants in Webho, Somalia. (BBC)
- Two male bodies and several luggage items are recovered from Air France Flight 447 in the Atlantic Ocean. (BBC)
- The Philippines' Army kill 30 Moro Islamic Liberation Front members and capture a ampquotbomb factoryampquot on Mindanao. (BBC)
- Former West Berlin police officer Karl-Heinz Kurras is revealed to have spied for East Germany's Stasi. (BBC)
- Harvard University discovers a molecular mechanism that regulates coagulation. (BBC)
- The American Cemetery and Memorial honors World War II veterans who landed at Normandy, France, in 1944. (CNN)
- The International Labour Organization requests that Burma's government amend a clause in its Constitution that may justify forced labor. (AFP)
- Palm, Inc. launches its new Palm Pre smartphone. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?