Wednesday 6 March 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Hearts of the World, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1918 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Jacques Baumel: French resistance fighter (under the aliases 'Saint-Just' ',' 'Berneix' or 'Rossini'), deputy in the National Assembly, a Senator, an important leader of the Gaullist movement, and Secretary of State and mayor of Rueil-Malmaison.
- Leslie Smith: English businessman co-founded Lesney Products (d. 2005).
- US naval boat Cyclops disappears in Bermuda Triangle
- The Finnish Air Force is founded. The blue swastika is adopted as its symbol as a tribute to the Swedish explorer and aviator Eric von Rosen, who donated the first plane. Von Rosen had painted the Buddhist symbol on the plane as his personal lucky insignia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Hail! Hail! The Gang's All Here - Irving Kaufman
- Calling Me Home to You - Oscar Seagle
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - Scherzo - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Thomas Chalmers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?