Sunday 6 March 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Beloved Rogue, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1927 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- John Fairchild: American publisher, journalist and editor, President of Fairchild Publications.
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez: Colombian writer, Nobel Prize laureate.
- Leroy Gordon Cooper Jr in Shawnee: Oklahoma, USA; US Air Force/astronaut (Mercury 9, Gemini 5).
- William J Bell in Chicago: Illinois, USA; TV soap opera creator (The Young and the Restless).
- William Bell: American screenwriter and producer (d. 2005).
- Gabriel Márquez: Colombian journalist and author Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2014)
- Norman Treigle: New Orleans, Louisiana -- Bass-baritone
- Gabriel García Márquez: Columbian novelist and short story writer who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982, and is best known for "Bien Anos de Soledad" ("One Hundred Years of Solitude,") 1967 (English translation in 1970). Also known for "Autumn of the Patriarch," 1976, a strange novel of dictatorship.
- Lino Grava: Italy sport Champion
- Gordon Cooper: American astronaut, the youngest of the seven original astronauts. A former Major in the USAF, he manned the Spacecraft Faith on 5/15/1963 for 22 orbits, which took 34 hours, 20 minutes and served as the conclusion of Project Mercury. Cooper made the sixth ever manned space flight with Charles Conrad on 8/21/1965; the mission lasted for eight days in space.
- John Fairchild in Newark: New Jersey, USA; CEO (Fairchild publishing).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?