Sunday 6 March 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Beloved Rogue, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1927 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Leroy Gordon Cooper Jr in Shawnee: Oklahoma, USA; US Air Force/astronaut (Mercury 9, Gemini 5).
- William J Bell in Chicago: Illinois, USA; TV soap opera creator (The Young and the Restless).
- John Fairchild in Newark: New Jersey, USA; CEO (Fairchild publishing).
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez: Colombian writer, Nobel Prize laureate.
- Gordon Cooper: American astronaut, the youngest of the seven original astronauts.
- John Fairchild: American publisher, journalist and editor, President of Fairchild Publications. He is the owner and guiding light of two of the most influential publications on American fashion; Women's Wear Daily and "W." With sufficient clout to shape the fashion of the American buying public and a reputation for arbitrary blacklisting, these papers have notorious power in the industry. The "rag business" is worthy of a TV soap opera for its vendettas, passions and machiavellian moves, making Fairchild a figu
- Gabriel García Márquez: Columbian novelist and short story writer who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982, and is best known for "Bien Anos de Soledad" ("One Hundred Years of Solitude,") 1967 (English translation in 1970). Also known for "Autumn of the Patriarch," 1976, a strange novel of dictatorship.
- Lino Grava: Italy sport Champion
- William Bell: American screenwriter and producer (d. 2005)
- Gabriel Márquez: Colombian journalist and author Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2014)
- Norman Treigle: New Orleans, Louisiana -- Bass-baritone
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?