Saturday 6 March 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Swing High, Swing Low, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1937!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1937 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Doug Dillard: Actor (Clem-Popeye).
- Paul Mefano: Composer.
- Valentina V Tereshkova-Nikolayev: 1st woman in space (Vostok 6).
- Guy Boniface: French rugby player, selected 33 times in international events to play as center between 1960 and 1966.
- Arild Nyquist: Norwegian novelist, lyricist, writer of children's books, and musician.
- Ivan Boesky: American businessman
- Valentina Tereshkova: Russian cosmonaut, the world's first woman in space on 16 June 1963 when her spaceship Vostok VI blasted off on a flight that lasted three days and 45 earth orbits.
- Ivan Boesky in Detroit: Michigan, USA; stockbroker, inside trader.
- Frank Vosper: Actor / writer (Jew Suss), dies at 37.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?