Monday 6 March 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon Out West, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1944 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Mary Wilson: American singer, the Primettes and Supremes with Diana Ross.
- Richard Corliss: American journalist and critic (d. 2015).
- David Hendry: English economist and academic.
- Kiri Kanawa: New Zealand soprano and actress.
- Kiri Te Kanawa: Australian opera soprano, known for repertoire ranging from opera to "West Side Story" to folk songs.
- Mary Wilson in Detroit: Michigan, USA; vocalist (Supremes - "Where Did Our Love Go").
- Antonio Matalon: Italian homicide victim, killed by his wife Cristina along with their son, Paolo, and the dog, Zar, in August 2001, 13:30 in Milan. She had taken his gun to kill her family before killing herself. Antonio was a provincial fascist leader and local businessman and the family was known as being close, making the tragedy inexplicable. The only possible reason seemed to be that Cristina had been troubled by depression for some time.
- David Gilmore: Cambridge, England -- Guitarist (Pink Floyd)
- USAF begins daylight bombing of Berlin
- US Air Force begins daylight bombing of Berlin.
- WWII: Soviet Army planes attack Narva, Estonia, destroying almost the entire old town.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?