Sunday 6 March 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
East of Eden, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1955!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1955 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Alberta Watson: Canadian actress (d. 2015).
- Pierre Lassalle: French writer, essayist, international speaker, and author of thirty books on astrology, psychology, social sciences and spirituality.
- Jackie Pung wins LPGA Jacksonville Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?