Friday 6 March 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Stagger Lee by Lloyd Price.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
The Journey, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1959 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Lars Larson: American talk-show host, very conservative.
- Tom Arnold in Ottuwa: Iowa, USA; actor/comedian (Roseanne, True Lies).
- Chris Raschka: American author and illustrator.
- Tom Arnold: American actor and comedian, a man in perpetual motion.
- Fred Stone: Actor (Hideaway, Westerner), dies at 85.
- 11st Emmy Awards: Playhouse 90, Jack Benny Show, Raymond Burr
- Farthest radio signal heard (Pioneer IV, 400,000 miles away).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- David Seville - Alvin's Harmonica
- Petite Fleur (Little Flower) - Chris Barber's Jazz Band
- LaVern Baker - I Cried A Tear
- Ray Anthony - Peter Gunn
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?