Sunday 6 March 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michelle Edwards and Cliff Meidl in Redondo Beach.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1966 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Michelle Edwards: WNBA guard (Cleveland Rockers).
- Cliff Meidl in Redondo Beach: California, USA; sprint kayak (alternate-Olympics-1996).
- Alan Davies: British comedian and actor.
- Richard Hageman: Composer, dies at 83.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- Petula Clark - My Love
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- The Four Seasons - Working My Way Back To You
- The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?