Thursday 6 March 1980
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen.
In UK Too Much Too Young (The Special AKA Live! EP) by The Specials was in the top 5 hits.
Coal Miner's Daughter, directed by Michael Apted, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Princess Daisy by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1980!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1980 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Emílson Cribari: Brazilian footballer.
- Daniel DeSanto: Canadian actor and producer.
- Kristina Triska: Swedish tennis player.
- Emmy 7th Daytime Award presentation - Susan Lucci loses for 1st time
- French Academy, founded in 1635, elects it 1st woman Novelist (Marguerita Youcenar)
- Princess Theater (Latin Quarter, Cotton Club) opens at 200 W 48th, New York City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Spinners - Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me Girl (Medley)
- Teri DeSario - Yes, I'm Ready
- Dan Fogelberg - Longer
- Andy Gibb - Desire
- Donna Summer - On The Radio
- Rupert Holmes - Him
- Shalamar - The Second Time Around
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?