Wednesday 6 March 1985
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pretty Yende and Yael Stone.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Can't Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon.
In UK I Know Him So Well by Elaine Paige & Barbara Dickson was in the top 5 hits.
Mask, directed by Peter Bogdanovich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Johann Sebastian Bach.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Moebius: The Orb of Celestial Harmony or The Rats.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1985!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1985 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Pretty Yende: South African soprano opera singer, presented as "the new Jessye Norman".
- Yael Stone: TV Actress.
- Alaska 5000: Reality Star.
- Bakaye Traoré: French-Malian footballer.
- Eric Sloane: US artist, dies at age 80.
- Yul Brynner appears in his 4,500th performance of The King and I.
- Mike Tyson makes his professional debut in Albany, New York, a match he wins by a first round knockout of Hector Mercedes.
- Enos Slaughter and Arky Vaughan are elected to baseball Hall of Fame.
- Mexican authorities find body of US drug agent Enrique C Salaazar.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 March 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling
- Wham! - Careless Whisper
- Glenn Frey - The Heat Is On
- David Lee Roth - California Girls
- Madonna - Material Girl
- Julian Lennon - Too Late For Goodbyes
- Pointer Sisters - Neutron Dance
- Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
- Sheena Easton - Sugar Walls
- Kool & The Gang - Misled
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?