Sunday 6 March 1988
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elaine and Melanie Silver and Simon Mignolet.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Father Figure by George Michael.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chelmsford 123.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cosmic Camouflage or Heavy Unit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1988!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1988 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Elaine and Melanie Silver: American actresses.
- Simon Mignolet: Soccer Player.
- Agnes Carlsson: Swedish singer.
- Isabelle Daza: Filipino actress.
- 3 IRA suspects were shot dead in Gibraltar by SAS officers
- Julie Krone becomes winningest female jockey (1205 victories).
- 18th Easter Seal Telethon raises US$35,200,000.
- Orville Moodey shoots 63 at Seniors golf tournament.
- In the Gulf of Alaska, a magnitude 7.7 earthquake occurs.
- Three Provisional Irish Republican Army volunteers are killed by Special Air Service on the territory of Gibraltar in the conclusion of Operation Flavius.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Gloria Estefan - Can't Stay Away From You
- David Lee Roth - Just Like Paradise
- Richard Marx - Endless Summer Nights
- Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
- Cher - I Found Someone
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?