Thursday 6 March 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Forgetting Sarah Marshall, directed by Nicholas Stoller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nadaniyaan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 8Ball Allstars or Cory in the House (video game).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 2008!
Which were the important events of 6 March 2008 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 March
- Peter Poreku Dery: Cardinal and Archbishop Emeritus of Tamale (Born 1918).
- A Palestinian gunman shoots and kills 8 students and critically injures 11 in the library of the Mercaz HaRav yeshiva, in Jerusalem, Israel.
- The discovery of the Rings of the Saturnian moon Rhea, the first known rings around a moon, is announced. (NASA)
- The United States Senate passes legislation providing for more rigorous inspection of toys and other playthings imported into the United States. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- At least 54 people die and 130 are injured as two bombs explode in Baghdad, Iraq. (BBC News)
- Viktor Bout, one of the world’s most notorious arms dealers, is arrested at a hotel in Thailand. (''The New York Times'')
- Paul Burrell, Princess Diana's butler, refuses to be questioned about whether he lied to the inquest into her death in 1997. (Reuters)
- A bomb causes minor damage to the door of a U.S. military recruiting center in Times Square, New York City. (Reuters)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 March 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?