Saturday 6 March 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Imma Be by The Black Eyed Peas.
She's Out of My League, directed by Jim Field Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Good Bad Flicks.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Civilization V or Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 6 March 2010 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 March
- Micheál Martin briefs his fellow EU Foreign Ministers on his visit to Gaza at a meeting in Córdoba, Spain. (RTÉ)
- Washington, D.C. is to become the first American city to hand out free female condoms in the battle against HIV/AIDS. (''Boston Globe'')
- There are riots in Brussels. (Sky News)
- Nigeria's and Al-Merreikh's Endurance Idahor dies during a football match in Sudan with the referee ending the match as a result. (''The New York Times'')
- Ingushetian President Yunus-bek Yevkurov confirms the death of Alexander Tikhomirov/Said Buryatsky. (''The Star'')
- Taliban commander Faqir Mohammed is reportedly killed in a drone strike in Pakistan. (BBC)
- Iraqis living in Iran vote. (Al Jazeera)
- A car bomb which explodes in Najaf results in the deaths of at least three people one day before elections. (Al Jazeera)
- The Chilean Navy removes Commander Mariano Rojas, head of the oceanography service, from his post following his failure to warn of the tsunami which followed the 2010 Chile earthquake. (''The Times'')
- Hosni Mubarak:
- Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak temporarily hands over power, due to surgery on his gallbladder. (''Washington Post'')
- Gallbladder surgery on Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak is said to have been successful at Heidelberg University Hospital in Germany. (Al Jazeera)
- At least 11 Philippine soldiers are killed in an ambush by communist rebels in Mansalay, Mindoro. (Al Jazeera)
- Iceland holds a referendum about compensating the United Kingdom and the Netherlands after the collapse of the Icesave bank, with a 95% ampquotnoampquot vote recorded. (IceNews)
- US Defense Secretary Robert Gates reviews allegations of misconduct in Afghanistan by the private military company formerly known as Blackwater, Xe Services LLC. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?