Tuesday 6 May 1902
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Mischievous Boys and the Washerwoman, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1902 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Walter Preuss: German graphologist, professional astrologer, data collector and author.
- Georges Bouvet: Issoudun Military man.
- Paul Azaïs: French film actor.
- Walter Dawson: British Air Chief marshall.
- Harry Golden: Ukrainian-American journalist and author (d. 1981).
- Max Ophuls: German-born director (d. 1957)
- Max Ophüls: German/French/American film and stage director, and screenwriter. The Jewish father of director Marcel Ophüls. Married once, one child.
- Bret Harte: American author and poet (d. 1902).
- Start of Sherlock Holmes Adventure of Shoscombe Old Place (BG)
- British SS Camorta sinks off Rangoon; 739 die.
- Zulu assault at Holkrantz South Africa.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1902?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?