Tuesday 6 May 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Raja Harishchandra, directed by Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1913 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Suzanne Labin: French Socialist writer and political scientist, known particularly for her anti-communism, anti-totalitarianism and pro-democracy writings.
- Carmen Cavallaro New York City: New York; actor (Hollywood Canteen, Diamond Horseshoe).
- Jack [John: T] Aitken British anatomist.
- Ronald Harris: British first Church Estates Commissioner.
- Gyula David: composer.
- Kenneth Horne: English paper manufacturer / multi-millionaire
- Stewart Granger [James Stewart]: London, England -- Actor (Prisoner of Zenda)
- Stewart Granger: British actor, tall, dark and debonair, a leading adventure star of the '50s. He attended London's Webber Douglas School of Dramatic arts, played in local theater and changed his name to Granger. He made a film debut in "So This is London," 1939. After the interruption of military service, he returned to the movies to become a regular on British screens through the '40s.
- Carmen Cavallaro: American pianist (Born 1913)
- Alexandros Schinas: Greek anarchist who assassinated King George I of Greece (Born 1870).
- King Nikita I of Montenegro vacates Skoetari, North-Albania.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Lost You - Manuel Romain
- When I Waltz with You - Helen Clark
- On the Mississippi - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?