Tuesday 6 May 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Horne and Stewart Granger [James Stewart].
Raja Harishchandra, directed by Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1913 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Kenneth Horne: English paper manufacturer / multi-millionaire.
- Stewart Granger [James Stewart]: London, England -- Actor (Prisoner of Zenda).
- Carmen Cavallaro New York City: New York; actor (Hollywood Canteen, Diamond Horseshoe).
- Jack [John: T] Aitken British anatomist.
- Ronald Harris: British first Church Estates Commissioner.
- Gyula David: composer.
- Stewart Granger: British actor, tall, dark and debonair, a leading adventure star of the '50s. He attended London's Webber Douglas School of Dramatic arts, played in local theater and changed his name to Granger. He made a film debut in "So This is London," 1939. After the interruption of military service, he returned to the movies to become a regular on British screens through the '40s.
- Suzanne Labin: French Socialist writer and political scientist, known particularly for her anti-communism, anti-totalitarianism and pro-democracy writings. She died on 22 January 2001.
- Carmen Cavallaro: American pianist (Born 1913)
- Alexandros Schinas: Greek anarchist who assassinated King George I of Greece (Born 1870).
- King Nikita I of Montenegro vacates Skoetari, North-Albania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Lost You - Manuel Romain
- When I Waltz with You - Helen Clark
- On the Mississippi - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?