Thursday 6 May 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Eagle's Nest, directed by Edwin Arden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1915 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- George Perle: Bayonne, New Jersey -- Composer (12 Tone Tonality).
- John Arnold: British high court judge.
- May Henriquez-Alvarez Cura?ao: sculptor.
- Theodore H: White historian/writer (Making of the President).
- Orson Welles: American actor, director, producer and writer who presented his sensational drama, "War Of The Worlds," by radio on 10/31/1938.
- Theodore White: American historian journalist and author (d. 1986)
- Red Sox Babe Ruth pitching debut and 1st HR, loses to Yanks 4-3 in 15
- Allies attack Cape Helles, Hellespont.
- German U-20 sinks Centurion SE of Ireland.
- Babe Ruth hits his first career home run off of Jack Warhop.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's a Little Spark of Love Still Burning - Henry Burr
- Love's Dream After the Ball - Venetian Trio
- The Song of Songs - Grace Kerns
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?