Friday 6 May 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1921 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Erich Fried: Austrian-German author poet and translator (d. 1988).
- Elizabeth Sellers: Scottish actress.
- Erich Freid: writer.
- Freddy Randall: jazz trumpeteer.
- Robert Fell: CEO (British Stock Exchange).
- American Soccer League formed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- My Mammy - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Serenade - Efrem Zimbalist
- Why Worry? - Nora Bayes
- Bright Eyes - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
- Happy Six - Do You Ever Think of Me?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?