Monday 6 May 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Valiant, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1929 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Rosemary Cramp: English archaeologist and academic.
- Paul Lauterbur: American chemist and biophysicist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007).
- John Taylor: English bishop and theologian.
- John Polk Allen in Carnegie: Oklahoma, USA; CEO (Biosphere 2).
- Rosemary Camp: president (Council for British Archaeology).
- AL announces it will discontinue MVP award
- New York to San Francisco footrace begins.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?