Tuesday 6 May 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Born Reckless, directed by Andrew Bennison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1930 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Sonia Rykiel: French fashion designer.
- Guy Piau: French senior official and freemason, Director of hospitals and Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of France.
- Mordechai Gur: Israeli politician and the 10th Chief of Staff of the Israel Defense Forces.
- Kjell Bækkelund: Norwegian classical pianist, born in Oslo.
- Philippe Beaussant: French musicologist and novelist, an expert on French baroque music, on which he has published widely.
- David Carpenter: American homicide, leaving the California parks in terror after a trail of rape, robbery and murder with victims shot and stabbed, a series of macabre murders. A clean cut white male, medium height and build, the son of a delivery truck driver, Carpenter was in the custody of prisons since 1960 when he was sentenced to 16 years for assaults on women dating back to the late '40s.
- The Great Salmas Earthquake in Iran (7.3 on the Richter Scale) kills 4,000 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?