Saturday 6 May 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Barbarian, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1933 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Lord Pender: .
- Robert Cline: American politician, served on the California state assembly from 1971-1980.
- Italy and the USSR sign trade agreement
- 59th Kentucky Derby: Don Meade aboard Brokers Tip wins in 2:06.8.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?