Wednesday 6 May 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dracula's Daughter, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1936 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Bernard Lemaire: French Canadian businessman (Cascades).
- Sylvia Robinson: rocker (Mickey and Sylvia - "Love is Strange").
- Joanna Dunham: Actress (Possession, House the Dripped Blood).
- Hans Jelmoli: Composer, dies at 59.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?