Friday 6 May 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Barkleys of Broadway, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1949 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- P Middleton: American artist, graphic designer, and teacher.
- David Cornell Leestma in Muskegon: Michigan, USA; US Navy/astronaut (STS 41-G, 28, 45).
- EDSAC, the first practicable stored-program computer, runs its first program at Cambridge University.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?