Saturday 6 May 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Please Believe Me, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1950 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Jeffery Deaver: American journalist and author.
- Robbie McIntosh: Scottish drummer (Average White Band and The Senate) (d. 1974).
- Jean-Michel Claverie: French medical researcher, Professor of Medical Genomics and Bioinformatics at the University of Mediterranée School of Medicine, Director of the Mediterranean Institute of Microbiology, and head of the Structural and Genomic Information Laboratory, a CNRS unit (UPR2589) in Marseille.
- Agnes Smedley: Writer.
- Great to Be Alive closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 52 performances
- 76th Kentucky Derby: William Boland on Middleground wins in 2:01.6.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hoop-Dee-Doo - Kay Starr
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Roses
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?