Tuesday 6 May 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1952 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Chiaki Naito-Mukai: Tatebayashi, Japan -- Astronaut (STS 65, sk:95).
- Michael O'Hare: American actor.
- Gregg Henry: American actor and country musician.
- Christian Clavier: French actor, his brother Stéphane is a film director.
- Mark G: American aids victim, sexual orientation not given.
- Graham Brazier: New Zealand singer-songwriter (Hello Sailor) (d. 2015)
- Fred Newman: American actor and composer
- Gerrit Zalm: Dutch economist and politician Deputy Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Farouk of Egypt has himself announced as a descendant of prophet Muhammad.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?