Thursday 6 May 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Three Coins in the Fountain, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1954 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Tom Abernethy: American basketball player.
- Dora Bakoyannis: Greek politician 120th Greek Minister for Foreign Affairs.
- Angela Nuñez: Dominican author and poet.
- Tom Abernathy: American athlete, pro basketball player for five seasons from 1976-1981.
- Sergei Nikolayevich: Tresvyatsky in Russia; cosmonaut.
- Roger Bannister runs the first sub-four minute mile.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Happy Wanderer - Frank Weir & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?