Friday 6 May 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Steinbachek and Bart de.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stuck On You by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Rickshaw Man, directed by Hiroshi Inagaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching An Age of Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1960 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Larry Steinbachek: rock synthesizer (Bronski Beat - "Smalltown Boy").
- Bart de: Boer; Dutch guitarist (Ivy Green).
- Julianne Phillips in Lake Oswego: Oregon, USA; actress (Frankie Reed - Sisters).
- Phyllis Treigle: American soprano.
- Anne Parillaud: French actress, who has appeared in 30 films since 1977.
- Jean-Guy Talamoni: French lawyer and politician claiming Corsican nationality. He is from the militant independence party Corsica Libera and territorial adviser to the Assembly of Corsica (group "Corsica Libera"). He is also city councilor of Bastia (Corsica) and board member of the Corsican language and culture department. He has published several books on both politics on the island and on the Corsican language.
- Roma Downey: Northern Irish actress
- Lyudmila Andonova: Bulgarian high jumper
- Keith Dowding: English political scientist philosopher and academic
- John Flansburgh: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (They Might Be Giants and Mono Puff)
- Aleksei Lotman: Estonian biologist and politician
- Paul Abraham: Hungarian Composer (Blume von Hawaii), dies at 67.
- English Prince Margaret marries Antony Armstrong-Jones (Lord Snowdon)
- President Eisenhower signs Civil Rights Act of 1960
- Students attack Dutch embassy in Djakarta.
- US President Dwight Eisenhower signs Civil Rights Act of 1960.
- President of the United States Dwight D. Eisenhower signs the Civil Rights Act of 1960 into law.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- The Browns - The Old Lamplighter
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Johnny Preston - Cradle Of Love
- Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?