Monday 6 May 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to I Will Follow Him by Little Peggy March.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Winter Light, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1963 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Alessandra Ferri: British ballerina (American Ballet Theater).
- Allessandra Ferri: Italian ballet dancer who studied at the ballet school of La Scala Theatre in Milan.
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Barbara Tuchman (Guns of August)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- The Shirelles - Foolish Little Girl
- Brenda Lee - Losing You
- The Kingston Trio - Reverend Mr. Black
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?