Wednesday 6 May 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dana Hill [Goetz] in Van Nuys and Kim Oden.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hello, Dolly! by Louis Armstrong.
What a Way to Go!, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Horizon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1964 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Dana Hill [Goetz] in Van Nuys: California, USA; actress (Two of Us, Shoot the Moon).
- Kim Oden: Birmingham, Alabama -- US Olympic volleyball player (NCAA Play of Decade-80s).
- Mike Grob: Billings, Montana -- Canadian Tour golfer (1988 Manitoba-3rd).
- Dana Hill: American actress (d. 1996).
- Mike McGruder: NFL cornerback (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Kim Oden in Irvine: California, USA; American Olympic volleyball player (NCAA Play of Decade-1980s).
- Mike Grob in Billings: Montana, USA; Canadian Tour golfer (1988 Manitoba-third).
- Tony Scalzo: American musician (Fastball)
- Harold Morris: Composer, dies at 74.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 May 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- The 4 Seasons - Ronnie
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Danny Williams - White On White
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?