Thursday 6 May 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
10 Rillington Place, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1971 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Rob Holmberg: NFL linebacker (Oakland Raiders).
- Chris Shiflett: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Foo Fighters Me First and the Gimme Gimmes Jackson United No Use for a Name and Viva Death).
- Sarah Blackwood: Rock Singer.
- Helene Weigel: Austrian / German actress (Metropolis), dies at 70.
- The Ceylon government begins a major offensive against the People's Liberation Front.
- Arsenal FC beats Liverpool FC 2-1 to win the English FA Cup thus completing the league and cup 'double'.
- Mariner 8 fails to launch.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- Bread - If
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?