Saturday 6 May 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Brodeur in MontrTal and Dean Larsson in British Columbia.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1972 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Martin Brodeur in MontrTal: Quebec, Canada; NHL goalie (New Jersey Devils, Team Canada).
- Dean Larsson in British Columbia: Canada; Nike golfer (1994 Monterey Open-46th).
- Sebastien Amiez: French skier and the winner of the World Cup event in 1996 in the slalom division.
- Martin Brodeur: Hockey Player.
- Naoko Takahashi: Japanese long-distance runner.
- Deniz Gezmis: Yusuf Aslan and Huseyin Inan are executed in Ankara for attempting to overthrow the Constitutional order.
- 98th Kentucky Derby: Ron Turcotte aboard Riva Ridge wins in 2:01.8.
- In Los Angeles, California, the 24rd Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Johnny Carson.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- America - A Horse With No Name
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Ringo Starr - Back Off Boogaloo
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?